Dr. Stuart earned his medical degree from the Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston, MA while on a four year Navy Health Professions Scholarship.
He went on to complete his General Pediatrics residency at the National Naval Medical Center and Walter Reed Army Medical Center, and his Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics fellowship at the Medical University of South Carolina Children’s Hospital.
Dr. Stuart is certified through the American Board of Pediatrics in General Pediatrics and Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics.
Dr. Stuart holds active and unrestricted medical licenses from Virginia and Texas.
Dr. Stuart collected a breadth of unique experiences during his time in the Navy.
Administrative duties included:
- Division Head, Developmental Pediatrics at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, Virginia
- Co-Chair, US Navy’s Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) Central Screening Committee
- Department Head, Educational Developmental Intervention Services, US Naval Hospital, Okinawa, Japan
- Head, Pediatric Overseas Screening US Naval Hospital, Okinawa, Japan
- Special Needs Medical Consultant to the Western Pacific Department of Defense Area of Operations
He practiced Developmental Pediatrics throughout the world, to include:
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, Virginia
- US Naval Hospital Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
- US Naval Hospital Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
- US Naval Hospital Rota, Spain
- US Naval Hospital Naples, Italy
- US Naval Hospital Sigonella, Sicily
- US Naval Hospital Okinawa, Japan
- US Army 121st Army Hospital, Seoul, South Korea
- US Naval Hospital Yokosuka, Japan
- US Naval Hospital Guam
During his time in the Navy, he received many accolades, to include Clinician of the Year and Pediatric Staff Educator of the Year. His personal awards included Surface Warfare Medical Department Officer qualified, four Navy Commendation Medals, two Navy Achievement Medals and one Army Achievement Medal. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Society for Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics.